Cleaning your Tower is actually a lot simpler than you may think, and we recommend doing this between every planting season to keep your Tower and future plants growing their best. Follow these steps to clean and store your Tower and a shout out to our friends at Living Towers for some easy-peasy advice they've discovered over the years:
Cleaning Your Tower
- Remove the plants from the Tower Garden by pulling the net pots from the planting ports.
- Disassemble the Tower Grow Pots (white sections that house the plants), starting at the top. Do not remove the bottom section from the reservoir lid.
- Compost or discard plant material.
- Clean and save net pots for future use. If net pots are damaged, you can order new ones for your next planting.
- Unscrew the blue swivel hose from the reservoir lid and pump. Rinse pump with clean water before storage.
- Take Tower apart and empty the reservoir.
- Place all growing pots, clips and net pots in the reservoir.
- Fill reservoir with water and a cup of Citric Acid.
- Leave to soak for at least one hour. Longer soaks maybe needed if your Tower hasn’t been thoroughly cleaned for a while or your water is hard or contains a lot of iron.
- Take each piece out, empty the reservoir and rinse each piece well.
Tower Tip – if you need to put your Tower Garden in storage, you can keep all components of the Tower inside the reservoir to save space until you're ready to grow again!